Sunday 13 January 2013

Pregnant Life Model and blue cushion

Here is a nude I painted last year at the Bath Artists Studios. We were blessed with our usual model which this time was showing beautiful new curves due to her pregnancy.


Pregnant Life Model and blue cushion  12"x16"  oil on board




The painting after half an hour


Detail

 I really enjoyed this session and hoping to get the chance to paint more life models in 2013. Best wishes for the model which I understand is due to give birth very soon.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see a new post from you. Hope you have been able to paint out some. I have not, we have not had the sort of weather one wants to be out painting in. I've been doing more sculpture than painting, but I'm looking forward to sunnier days.
    Wish you all the best in the coming year.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug! I haven't been painting much since Venice though. Xmas, cold and work got in the way. I see you are the same. We should get some snow tomorrow so hopefully I might get a chance to catch it during the week end. All the best.

      Delete
  2. Hi Valerie, Hope the 3 Christmasses went well. I love your life model work - very fresh and un-fussy. Looking forward to seeing you at Ken's show this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Tim. It was lovely to see you yesterday, it was a fantastic day!

      Delete
  3. Its really a good job. your art is simply great.

    ReplyDelete