Tuesday 29 April 2014

About unfinished paintings...

I don't know about you, but I don't like having unfinished paintings. If I see them lying around in the studio they are a reminder of my non accomplishment;  even if you hide them in a cupboard, you can still hear them whisper "Why didn't you finish me?", "Do you give up that easily?" 

So this post is about 3 paintings I managed to finish in the studio recently. As I usually paint in plein air, 99% of my work is all done on the spot. But those 3 paintings were executed while I was heavily pregnant, and I just didn't have the energy to finish them at the time. Two of them were actually done during a plein air tutorial, which makes it even harder to complete the job properly. I gave them a few finishing touches so they can now fulfil their little lives without shame!


Bath views from Oldfield Park - summer evening  10"x14"  oil on board


Detail


My set up on the day




The Royal Crescent, summer evening  10"x14" oil on board


Detail


View in Calne  12"x9" oil on board

Detail



3 comments:

  1. All good paintings Valerie. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfekt günstig uhren, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of perfekt günstig omega uhren, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete