Monday 18 May 2015

Painting in Bear Flat, Bath

Here is a painting I did shortly before my show and was still half wet hanging on the wall of the exhibition!... It was painted in Bear flat (Bath) a month ago on a cold but sunny day. I was out on my bike on that day looking for somewhere to paint and what caught my eyes was the beautiful view bathed in the sun with the contrasting steep road in the foreground. 


Bear flat, Holloway, spring  12"x9"  oil on board 


I set up just next to my bicycle in the bike parking area to get the best view and avoid being in the way of pedestrians and cars. I had a great time but had to work quickly as the shadows moved very fast. 




Detail 


Detail


Also, a quick gallery update: A beautiful Art gallery (Peter Barker Fine Art) is officially opening in Rutland next Bank Holiday weekend, with in my opinion, some of the best artists in the country (and me!! :-)) I'm not joking, check out the name list on the website, it is impressive! I'm very happy to be a part of it. Drop in for a glass of something on Saturday 23rd between 9am-5pm, Sunday 24th between 10am-4pm or Bank holiday Monday 25th between 9am-5pm (Welland Vale, Glaston Road, Uppingham, Rutland LE15 9EU). Or do visit after the opening (open seven days a week). Check out the website for more info and to view all available paintings: http://www.peterbarkerfineart.co.uk/

Here are some preview pictures of the - almost- finished set up:






 






Finally, just a quick note to say the summer show of the Bath Society of Artists in now open at the Victoria Art Gallery until the 27th of June (closed on Mondays) and I'm very proud to have two paintings there so do have a look if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment