Saturday 12 March 2016

Last light on Stall Street, Bath

I've just finished this painting of Stall Street in Bath, produced in my studio while waiting for warmer days to get out. I loved the way the last light of this crisp winter day was hitting the Bath stone buildings.


Last light on Stall Street, Bath  10"x12"  oil on board


A couple of details below:





I have included the step by step below. I used a warm red background as I wanted that warmth to slightly show through the building across the whole painting.








This painting is for sale on my website www.valeriepirlot.com alongside all my available work.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the step by step. I love to see the stages other artists go through to create their masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jammy. Glad you like the step by step shots! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete