Friday 20 May 2016

Show now on in Belgium: The Battle of Waterloo in paintings

After 10 years of showing my work in UK since moving in England, I'm finally doing a show in my homeland, Belgium. For those who follow my blog, you might remember my series of paintings done last year around the Battle of Waterloo and surrounding countryside at the occasion of the 200th anniversary event. Well I'm glad to say those paintings are now on display in the Tourist Office of Waterloo and the show is on until the end of August.





The tourist office is situated in Waterloo centre, Chaussée de Bruxelles 218, 1410 Waterloo. Click here be directed to their website. They have put large banners on the facade so you can't miss it! This is me posing proudly in front of it! 




This is a small exhibition but it includes a variety of things such a paintings, sketches, artist material and original antique objects from the battle:













And this is me during the opening reception that took place a few weeks ago. In case you are thinking I have eaten a bit too much belgian chocolate, you are partially right, but I probably should mention that this growing belly is also the sign of my next big creation that we will be welcoming at the end of the summer :-)




Here is below a sample of the artwork on show. Most paintings on display are for sale and can be purchased on the day at the venue. For those who can't make it to the show, it is possible to purchase the available paintings directly from my website. They will then be reserved for you during the show and shipped at the end of the exhibition. Click here to go to my website.






















And to finish, some pictures of the re-enactment that took place last year:













4 comments:

  1. Nice job, really nice, Valérie. I think you will find useful for future paintings "Seventy images for hundred days", a book that explains the Battle and the Hundred Days using seventy different images of historical objects, weapons, maps, documents, enbgravings...
    A link: http://www.amazon.com/Seventy-images-Hundred-permanent-exhibition/dp/1523204877/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457435248&sr=1-1&keywords=Seventy+images+for+hundred+days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert for the nice comment and for the link. Looks like a great book! Definitely worth having a look!

      Delete