Saturday 4 November 2017

Sydney Gardens in Bath

We might be already in November, but I thought I'd warm things up with a post about the paintings I painted on a bright sunny day in plein air in Sydney Gardens this summer (a nice way of just saying I'm late with my blog posts!). This is my favourite place to paint in Bath. Beautiful bridges, light and reflections, and lovely relaxed people walking by. What's not to like? 

First one below was done in the morning. I really wanted to keep it fresh and spontaneous so made sure I'd stop before adding too many details. 

Sydney Gardens, Bath, august in the morning 10"x8"  oil on board
Available for sale here 



Detail 

Here are a few steps for you:


Quick initial drawing


Adding the dark greens


Mid tone greens


Working on the light areas


Close to finish




Before I was needed back at home on mummy duty, I had the time to squeeze in an other painting. I didn't have to go far, I simply walked 10 metres and turned around to paint the bridge that was behind me. I still aimed for a sense of freshness but this time wanted to really focus on the lovely light hitting the greens in such a magical way. 


Sydney Gardens, Bath, August in the afternoon  10"x8" oil on board SOLD


Detail

Here are a few steps:

Initial simple drawing


Initial stage - trying to capture the light


Towards the end



Also, Just a quick note to say thank you to all those who came to our show in Bradford-on-Avon last month. We had a fantastic amount of visitors and grateful for the all the sales of paintings, prints, calendars, etc... For those who couldn't make it, my remaining paintings are available for sale on my website www.valeriepirlot.com





Also on my website are my 2018 calendars available on wall or desk format with a selection of my favourite paintings of this year. Simply go to my website here to order yours (worldwide shipping / free shipping in Europe)






Also, just wanted to let you know I'm very happy to be part of the exhibition "An Evening or Art" in Bath on 20th November. It is a one night only pop up exhibition to raise funds for the Bath Percent Club's Quartet Community Foundation Fund. Six of my paintings will be for sale alongside great work from the artists named below. If you would like to join us on that night please let me know and I'll add you to the guest list.




Finally, don't forget you can find me on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/valeriepirlotart/
Or subscribe to my newsletter for all the recent news about my work. Just go here: http://www.valeriepirlot.com/mailinglist

I'm in process of photographing the paintings I did in Scotland in September this year, so hopefully that'll be my next post, so watch this space...

1 comment: